Our vision is to become a world class team player/ solution provider in fuel, lubricants and galley items food material supplies
Our mission is to maintain high integrity in prompt service delivery to our clients in a healthy and safe environment business environment.
Papretex Nigerian is committed to creating a safety work environment by reducing accidents, injuries and workplace hazards which provides prompt, efficient service delivery,
- To maintain all health and safety rules, polices that guides the processing, packaging and supply of galley items (food items) in a wholesome manner
- To set its standards that will enable the company to achieve set goals for optimal performance
- To organize safety training for workers welfare bringing about greater efficiency and on the job performance
- To develop use periodic risk assessment exercise to enable proper record and documentation.
- To ensure a secure and safe work environment to achieve proper access control of clients, workers and visitors in and out of the premises.
- To ensure prompt communication of health and safety information to all staff, clients and visitors to enable best acceptable work practices and standards
- To revise, monitor, update safety standards through periodic safety and environmental audit
- To carryout an annual evaluation of HSE performances for periodic appraisal
- To empower staff or workers to report any form of non-compliance to the company
Papretex Nigeria policy statement covers supplies of fuels, lubricant, galley items (food supplies) in safe conditions, minimal risks and quality delivering.
In order to fulfill these goals, papretex Nigerian will
- Conducts its delivery in compliance with legislation and published and agreed polices with regards to HSE
- Ensure that the impacts of our activities on the work environment is reduced minimally
- Ensures that HSE objectives that will be reviewed regularly
- Continually improve on the HSE function/obligation towards injury and accidents prevention in course of service delivery
- To ensure that HSE responsibilities are regularly assigned properly, assigned, accepted and also carried out accordingly
- Provide and maintain safe equipments and facilities to promote service delivery.
- Managerial Role:
The top management (Director) is responsible for the judicious allocation of finances, resources to enable adequate standards are maintained and promote efficiency for full implementation of the company’s agreed objectives, policies, and rules through directing other staff promptly on who to take responsibilities as at when due.
- Health safety and environment of officer’s role:
The role of the head of the safety and health unit of the company include reporting to the management on present emergency issues that requires attention, which must be achieved by
- Formulating an effective HSE policy to include an effective risk assessment process
- Organizes risk assessment and HSE polices and procedures throughout the various sections
- Provide safety and health advice at all ramification to ensure proper fulfillment of HSE responsibilities.
- Field workers
The field workers will be notified and educated regarding their area of responsibilities and in line with the agreed polices which include;
- Carryout their work in a safe manner
- Avoid unsafe acts
- Report unsafe acts to the top management
- Ensure their own health is priority
- Ensure accidents and near-misses are reported
- Report suspicious packages or any faulty equipment in course of job execution
- Read health and safety alert signs and symbols displayed
- Adhere to strict utilization of PPEs during operations.
- Report any deficiency in adequacy of PPE’s in stock
- Report matters that will compromise fire safety
- Replace hazardous substance with less hazardous ones in accordance to best acceptable safety practices or standards.
- Enforce safety compliance in a case of a default among workers.
- First Aider
The first aider is responsible for handling emergency sources. In case of fire.
Disaster and other eventualities. It is the duty of the first aid section to:-
- Ensure rapid response to emergencies
- Minimize the effects of injuries/exposures
- Promote the well being of the workers through emergency responses to promote recovery
- Provide all workers with the required help or assistance needed.
- Provide the staff with emergency contacts e.g fire, police, and ambulance contacts such as
911 – Ambulance
2-444 - first Aid
26 – 6 -6firs Alarm
1222 - stretchers
1111 – Swimming emergency
The responsibility of monitoring work layouts, machines, assignments, movements, tasks as to know their states, feed backs, state of machine and that of the workers. The essence is to ensure that work is carried out as expected by maintain supervision ever the various work activities.
Works supervision is carried out due to the following reasons;
- To keep workers up to –date on management decision and action plans
- To improve periodic staff meetings
- To –enable self appraisals
- To ensure up –to-date workers safety inspections
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Papretex Nigerian provides PPE’s for filed /site workers, for their well being, it also ensure that visitors are protected and secured
Hard Hats (Helmets) for the motorcyclist
Hand gloves – for off and on – loading
Hair gears – for confectionary staff
Aprons – for packaging workers
Googles- for eye protection of personnel/visitors
Nose masks – for Nassal/respiratory protection
NB: all staff/visitors are strictly advised to comply to the use of PPE’s to achieve zero accidents
Almost all workplace has one or source of power which exposes the workers/visitors to electrical hazards and as such basic guidelines must of be followed to avoid hazard. This depends on the materials available in the store (Fuel)
- HSE policy ensures trained technicians should be used for electrical installations.
- Place symbols of hazard due to electrical faults on faulty equipments
- All appliances should be put off at the close of work
- Report all electrical appliance under wet condition
- Ensure that trained technicians utilize PPE’s before electrical installation, dismantle etc
- All electrical maintenance must be approved by the management prior commencement.
- Thorough and routine check/inspection of electrical equipment in compliance to the agreed HSE policy
- Ensure proper documentation and recording of all equipments under faulty state
- All electrical devices must be install with the manufacture’s installation manual.
Papretex Nigeria is committed to protection of the environment through sustainable waste management and routine sanitation of its business surrounding.
Papretex waste management procedures
- Spills and sleaks clean –up
- Use of roll – up refuse bins (bin linners)
- Waste – re- use
- Waste – reduction
- Liquid waste disposal methods (septics)
Toilet facilities for males / females
Risk Assessment guideline
This ensures careful look out of what in a work area that could cause harm or risk to people, health or to the environment, equipments.
- Identify the hazards
Priority is placed on taking a tour around the workplace to identify that has the potential to cause to harm, hazard or risk. Write them all down – make a note and follow them up including those hazard one cannot see such as smoke, fumes, odour, find out who is at risk.
- Evaluate the identified risk and formulate possible precaution by taking necessary action to eliminate them.
- Record your findings by ensuring that written records are made available to the management, as to carry out recommended solutions.
- Renew your assessments or Fridays as to effect some changes periodically on workplace through making innovations that will bring greater effectively.
FIVE SAFETY EMERGENCY GUIDELINE
- First of all in case of fire, ignite fire alarm
- Check escape/ exist routes
- Fire extinguishers are properly maintained and serviced in case of fire incident
- Alarms should be tested periodically usually quarterly.
- Commence evacuation procedure by
- Leaving the building through the nearest exist
- All visitors to leave the building
- Do the “first thing first” call the firs service
- Avoid endangering your own life
- Assemble at the muster point
- Avoid re-entering the building and wait for intervention by fire service team
- Waite for further instruction before taking any action for safety purpose.